At Accident Advice Helpline, we often receive questions from claimants and people who are wondering whether they are eligible to claim compensation. One that crops up a lot is this:
Is there any way to avoid getting a whiplash injury in Scotscraig?
This is a tricky one! Why? Read on to find out.
The nature of accidents
As we see it, there are two kinds of accident. The first is a genuine accident, in which no one is at fault. With this kind of accident, it really couldn’t have been avoided, and you just have to put it down to experience.
The other kind, however, is avoidable. In such accidents, there is definitely someone at fault, and if you’re on the receiving end of that person’s actions (or you get injured because that person failed to put preventative measures in place), then you could be eligible to claim compensation.
How to protect yourself from getting a whiplash injury in Scotscraig
As you’ve probably guessed from the previous couple of paragraphs, it’s difficult to avoid whiplash injury in Scotscraig in cases where someone causes the accident.
But you can put preventative measures in place, which can minimise the risk of whiplash, however it may occur. Such things include:
- Having properly adjusted head restraints in your car – the top of the restraint should be level with the top of your head for maximum protection. Is yours?
- Being mindful of your surroundings – are there any potholes on that cycle path or bridle path, into which your wheel or a horse’s hoof could sink, causing you to fall off?
- Checking before walking on a surface with which you are unfamiliar – do you often go to this part of the building in which you work, and is it the usual cleaning day? Does that floor look shiny?
These are just a few points, of course. Life is full of surprises, whether it’s a driver who bashes his or her car into your back bumper impatiently or new frost on a path that hasn’t been gritted.
Why not claim compensation?
You can probably claim if your whiplash injury in Scotscraig falls into the category of accident that someone else causes. You can confirm your eligibility by taking the Accident Advice Helpline 30 second test, which is available on our website, or you can just call our hotline on one of these numbers:
- 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
You can also text “claim365” to 88010 if you prefer.
What happens when you call
You will speak to an advisor, who will guide you through the process of claiming and take your details in confidence. They will treat you with empathy and sensitivity throughout.
If you qualify to claim, your details will be passed to one of our no win no fee solicitors. It is your solicitor’s job to process your claim and secure you the compensation you deserve.
For more information, why not call our 24/7 hotline now?
Date Published: 14th August 2014
Author: David Brown