Saltburn-by-the-Sea is a seaside resort in Cleveland in the north of England. If you live there and are determined to have a busy social summer then you may be having guests over to eat with you and your family. Sharing food with friends and family is indeed a most satisfying pastime especially when people show their enjoyment of the spread you have placed before them. Adding mushrooms and onions to dishes livens them up and there are lots of tips to use these two vegetables.
Know your onions
- When peeling onions, you should soak them in cold water for half an hour before peeling them. This will prevent irritation to the eyes. Another way to prevent those tears spurting down your cheeks is to peel the onions under running water.
- If you want your onion rings to be extra tasty and crisp, you should soak them in milk and then drain them well before frying them in hot vegetable oil.
- If you like your fried onions to be brown and crisp, you should dip them in egg-white first. After that drain them off, coat them lightly with flour and fry them quickly.
- You can keep boiled onions whole while cooking by using a skewer through the centre of them.
- Don’t waste unused onions. You can place any portion of onion in a screw top jar in the fridge and it will keep fresh for several days.
- You should store mushrooms in the door of the fridge and not the coldest part to keep the flavour to the fore.
- Mushrooms will taste exquisite if you sprinkle them with lemon juice and a little sea salt and then leave them to stand for a few minutes before cooking them.
- If you add chopped mushroom stalks to meat pies, casseroles and soups, you will be giving your cooking extra flavouring.
- To chop mushrooms with ease you should use an egg-slicer.
Getting the feast ready is the best part of the job before the entertaining starts. However, before all that we have to shop for our goods. Getting out to the shops can be a bind especially if they are busy and it means lots of queuing up. Let’s hope that while you are wandering around the supermarket you don’t go crashing to the floor because a spillage has not been cleaned up or even properly signposted. If you do and you suffer from whiplash as a consequence of your violent fall, you may be able to claim compensation for a whiplash injury in Saltburn-by-the-Sea. You should telephone Accident Advice Helpline to find out more.
A 30 second test
A trained adviser will guide you through a 30 second test to determine whether you might have a compensation claim for a whiplash injury in Saltburn-by-the-Sea. Once that has been established then an online calculator will estimate how much compensation you might get for a whiplash injury in Saltburn-by-the-Sea if an accident solicitor takes your case on and wins. This would be on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis.
Call Accident Advice Helpline now to find out more. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The number is 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993.
Date Published: 27th July 2014
Author: Emma Matthews