Whiplash Injury in Romford


Romford is a town in the ceremonial county of Greater London, in the London Borough of Havering (formerly in the county of Essex), and closer to Calais (France) than it is to Manchester. It was first mentioned in a written document in 1177, when it was called Romfort, from the Old English ‘rūm’ meaning wide, and ford which is still used today to describe a place where a river can be crossed relatively easily. The river in question being the River Rom or Beam (it has been known as Beam but is also known as the Rom, taking this name from the town). The town was granted a market charter in 1247, and grew mainly because of its position on the main route to London from Colchester. A market is still held in the town.

Have you Had a Whiplash Injury in Romford?

If you have had a whiplash injury in Romford within the last three years, you might be eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim. However, sometimes accidents and the injuries resulting from them have much less time (months rather than years) for you to file a claim. If you have sustained a whiplash injury in Romford, call us at Accident Advice Helpline to find out if you are still eligible to make a claim for it.

How Long Do I Have to Make a Claim?

The length of time you have in which to file a personal injury compensation claim depends on the type of accident in which you sustained your whiplash injury in Romford. You would usually have three years from the date of the accident to file a claim, if the accident took place within the British Isles. Having said that, you may only have nine months to make a claim, it all hinges on the kind of accident you had.

For example, if you got a whiplash injury (or any other) while a crime was taking place you would only have two years to file a claim with the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. You also only have two years in which to make a claim for injuries sustained in an accident that occurred at sea, in the air or at most airports around the globe. If the deadline for making a claim for an injury passes, you will be unable to make a claim for it unless there are unique circumstances which prevented you from doing so within the specified time limit.

Accident Advice Helpline

To find out more about the claims’ process, or for expert legal advice about your potential personal injury compensation claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline. Ring one of these freephone numbers at any time: 0800 689 0500 for calls from landlines, or 0333 500 0993 for calls from mobiles. Don’t delay; time is passing.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )