Whiplash Injury in Risley


Risley is both a village in Derbyshire and the name of a district in Warrington, Cheshire. Risley (Derbyshire) was listed in the Domesday Book (1086) as Riseleia and Riselei, and its name probably means ‘brushwood clearing.’ If you live in either place you may have suffered a whiplash injury in Risley and perhaps you would like to make a claim for your injury but aren’t sure how to go about doing this. You could begin by calling us at Accident Advice Helpline and find out if you are eligible to make a claim.

Claiming for a whiplash injury in Risley

You might be able to make a personal injury compensation claim if you can prove that the accident in which your whiplash injury in Risley was not your fault. With the help of a personal injury lawyer you could build a case to prove that the accident was the fault of another person. You should also have gone to hospital or your GP immediately after your accident to be treated for your injuries. You may have had a whiplash injury in Risley in an accident other than a road traffic one, as you can get such an injury in any type of accident when your head jerks violently in two opposite directions in rapid succession. You may have been hit on the head by a cricket ball, for example, while watching a cricket match and this might have given you a whiplash injury. This would have been an accident however, and you might not succeed with your claim. If someone had deliberately thrown a cricket ball at your head, this would be a different matter.

How much compensation might I get?

No one can tell you exactly how much you might get in compensation for your injuries and financial losses caused by them. The Judicial College has laid down guidelines for the amounts of compensation for different types of injuries and basically the more serious your injury, the more money you can expect to receive. To get an estimate of the sum you might receive, take the 30-Second Test on our main pages.

How long to make a claim?

If the accident in which you were injured took place in the UK you would normally have three years from its date to file your claim. That being said however, you may only have months rather than years to make your claim, as different accidents and their injuries have shorter limitation periods. In order to find out precisely how long you have in which to file a claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline now.

Accident Advice Helpline

Call us now on one of our freephone numbers for expert legal advice and information about your particular claim. You can call us at any time, every day of the year as our lines will be open. Call 0800 680 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )