How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Whiplash Injury in Pontardawe

    Whiplash Injury in Pontardawe

    Pontardawe is a town in Swansea Valley in south Wales, the Welsh name of which means ‘bridge on the Tawe.’

    Have you sustained a whiplash injury in Pontardawe?

    If you fell from one of the bridges crossing the Tawe, you would have been lucky to have escaped with only a whiplash injury in Pontardawe. You might now be sitting at home, regretting that last drink in the local. If you sustained your whiplash injury in Pontardawe while under the influence, you would probably be unable to prove that you were not to blame for your accident. In order to make a personal injury compensation claim, you must be able to prove that you suffered your whiplash injury in Pontardawe in an accident that was not your fault in any way.

    Accidents in public places

    If you were involved in an accident in the street, you might be able to make an injury claim against the local authority. If your accident occurred in a building that is accessible to the public — a shop, supermarket, bank, or restaurant, for example — you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim against the owner of the building or business. To make a personal injury compensation claim, you have to be able to prove that the accident in which you were injured was certainly not your fault, but that it was caused by another person’s reckless behaviour or negligence.

    Accidents in the street

    If you slip, trip or fall in the street because it was badly maintained, you should call the police and an ambulance. Take photos of the scene and the paving, pothole, and so on that were the cause of your accident. You need to have immediate medical treatment for your injury, and the police will inform the local authority of your accident. They will also write a report and appeal for witnesses.

    To make a personal injury compensation claim, you will need the police report and your medical report. Any photographs you take of the scene of the accident and your injuries may be used as supporting evidence for your claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Call us at Accident Advice Helpline for advice, information, and help if you think that you have a potential personal injury compensation claim to file. You can call us day or night any day of the week on one of our freephone numbers. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Call now for advice from the claims experts.

    Date Published: 18th July 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.