How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Whiplash Injury in Olveston

    Olveston is a small village in Gloucestershire with a parish church dedicated to Saint Mary the Virgin which was first built in 1170, although it has been rebuilt, repaired and extended over the years. In the Domesday Book of 1086 the village was recorded as Alvestone, which was possibly derived from Aelfestone or Aelf’s farmstead. Olveston Court (a Grade II listed building) was once a moated, fortified manor house with a Great Barn and Bee Garden building which are now private dwellings. It is recorded that Olveston was given to Bath Abbey by King Edwy in a charter dating between 995-9. Olveston has been a designated Conservation Centre since 1975.

    Have you suffered a whiplash injury in Olveston?

    If you have had an accident and suffered a whiplash injury in Olveston, you may be entitled to file a personal injury compensation claim. To make a claim you must be able to prove that the accident in which you sustained your whiplash injury in Olveston, for example, was not your fault, but the fault of another person.

    You might have had your whiplash injury in Olveston because you received a sudden blow to the head, perhaps because of a falling object, or perhaps because you were hit in the course of a violent crime. You don’t simply have a whiplash injury in Olveston or elsewhere because you were in a car accident.

    Were you injured in a crime?

    If you sustained injuries of any kind while a crime was in progress, you may be eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) if the crime was committed in England, Wales or Scotland. You have only two years after the date of the crime in which to file a claim for injuries.

    In order to be eligible to file a claim through the CICA, the crime in which you were injured must have been reported to the police, who will have written a report and given you a unique crime reference number. You will need these to file a claim for your injuries. The CICA will also need to see your medical report along with any photographs of the injuries that the police photographer may have taken.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You should ideally have help from an experienced criminal injuries lawyer to make a claim through the CICA, although you do not necessarily need one according to the government and the CICA.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need expert legal advice and help with your potential claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline on one of our freephone numbers. You can call us at any time, every day of the year as our lines are always open. Why not call us now, either on 0800 689 0500 for landline calls, or on 0333 500 0993 for mobiles?

    Date Published: 8th July 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.