How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Whiplash Injury in Morden

    Whiplash Injury in Morden

    If you were walking through a park, you might have met with an accident and sustained a whiplash injury in Morden. For example, if you weren’t looking where you were going, you might have smashed your head against a low tree branch, which could have given you a rather bad case of whiplash injury. Unfortunately, you would not be able to file a personal injury compensation claim for this kind of whiplash injury in Morden, because the accident was solely your responsibility, although it might be argued that the branch should have been lopped in order for accidents such as your not to occur.

    You can receive a whiplash injury in Morden, or elsewhere in the UK, if you have a blow to the head and jolt your head in a whip-like manner.

    Accidents in public places

    When you are walking on a footpath through a park, you expect it to be well-maintained; if it is not, then accidents can occur. For example, if part of the footpath had eroded because of the harsh winter weather and you stumbled over the uneven patch, you might at the very least suffer a sprained ankle. You should seek immediate medical treatment and, if you can, inform a member of the park’s staff so that they can record the details of your accident in the accident book. If you take photographs of the rough ground that caused you accident, these would help if you decided to pursue a personal injury compensation claim against the local authority or other owners of the park.

    Similarly, if you have a slip, trip or fall in a street, and you can prove that it was caused by a badly maintained section of pavement, you may be entitled to make a claim. You should call the police and an ambulance immediately. The police will write a report and give a copy to the local authority. After receiving medical attention for your injury, you can also inform the local authority of your accident.

    In order to be eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim, you must be able to prove that the accident was no fault of your own, but that it was caused by another person or persons.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    We at Accident Advice Helpline would like to hear from you if you need information and advice about any aspect of a potential personal injury compensation claim. You can call us whenever you like on one of our freephone numbers, as our lines will be open as always. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Call now for legal advice from the experts.

    Date Published: 27th June 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.