How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Learn more

    Whiplash Injury in Michaelwood

    Michaelwood is a service area on the M5, near Dursley in Gloucestershire. If you receive a whiplash injury in Michaelwood services (and you might, as you can sustain a whiplash injury in accidents which are not traffic-related), then you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim for it.

    Have you suffered a whiplash injury in Michaelwood?

    Although you might have sustained a whiplash injury at Michaelwood services, it isn’t as likely as suffering one in a place in which there is heavy traffic. Drivers rarely speed around service areas as though they were in Brands Hatch; however, while you are at the services, you might slip, trip and fall and sustain a whiplash injury in Michaelwood this way.

    In order to make a personal injury compensation claim for any injury sustained in an accident, you must be able to prove that the accident was not your fault. You will also need a personal injury lawyer with the appropriate expertise to represent you.

    Bogus claims for whiplash

    The UK government brought in new measures to combat false whiplash injury claims in 2013, and then again in 2014 others were introduced. Unscrupulous drivers were staging accidents so that they could make fraudulent claims for whiplash, and the insurance industry believed that it was paying through the nose for bogus claims. One incident involved a coach braking to avoid a car which had swerved into its path, and all the passengers (or so it seemed) claimed for whiplash injuries. However, when the case went to court, the driver of the coach pointed out that some of the passengers had run to the nearest pub immediately after the ‘accident’ and could not have been injured as there had not been a collision of any force. The ‘accident’ had been planned in order to get money for bogus injuries.

    Under the new government measures, you have to undergo a second medical examination with an approved doctor, for which you will have to pay. Of course, if you have a genuine whiplash injury, the laws will not affect you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you have any kind of personal injury compensation claim to make, then we at Accident Advice Helpline are here to support you. You can visit our website to find out more about who we are and how we may be able to help you. We suggest you take our 30-second test, which will give you an estimate of how much you could receive in compensation for your injuries if your claim is successful. When you have done that, you might be encouraged to call us on one of our freephone numbers. Call us at any time on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Why not call now for expert legal advice?

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.