How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Whiplash Injury in Mattersey

    Mattersey is a village on the River Idle in Nottinghamshire, with a 14th century parish church dedicated to all saints and the ruins of a Gilbertine priory nearby dedicated to St Helen, which was destroyed by a fire in 1279.

    Are you suffering from a whiplash injury in Mattersey?

    A whiplash injury doesn’t necessarily have to be sustained in a car accident; instead, you might sustain a whiplash injury in Mattersey or elsewhere after a slip, trip or fall, or if you received a blow to the head. You could even sustain a whiplash injury in Mattersey if you were practising rifle shooting at the local range, as severe recoil can snap your head and neck backwards and forwards. If you received your whiplash injury in Mattersey as a result of an accident that you can prove was not your fault, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim for it.

    How do I file an injury claim?

    First of all, you need to find a personal injury lawyer who has experience in dealing with claims arising from the type of accident in which you have been injured. If you were injured in an accident in the street, for example, you would need a personal injury lawyer who was an expert in dealing with claims for injuries sustained in accidents in public places. You may have to contact several firms of lawyers before you find one to represent you.

    You would need to arrange an appointment, usually free of charge, to discuss the background to your accident so that the lawyer can assess whether or not you have good grounds upon which to base a personal injury compensation claim. At this first meeting, you need to ask for testimonials from satisfied clients who had similar accidents to yours. While you are speaking with the lawyer, find out if he or she will work for you on a no win no fee basis.

    If you are feeling weak after your accident, you may not wish to go to all the trouble of finding a personal injury lawyer, but the sooner you file your claim after the accident, the better. Call us at Accident Advice Helpline, and we will be able to put you in touch with an appropriate personal injury lawyer who is on our team.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need any information or advice regarding a potential personal injury compensation claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline whenever you feel able to do so. You can call us night or day on one of our freephone numbers: 0800 689 0500 for landline calls, or 0333 500 0993 for mobiles. Why not call us now for expert legal advice?

    Date Published: 27th June 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.