Whiplash is an injury associated with and very easily sustained in road traffic accidents. But this is not the only way to get a whiplash injury in Wishaw. Anything that causes a sudden jolt to your head can cause whiplash, and it was around long before cars.
Ways to sustain a whiplash injury
Whiplash is one of the most common injuries from all types of accidents, because it is so easily caused. It could be in:
- Accidents at work – heavy lifting done incorrectly is a common cause of whiplash in the workplace.
- Falling from a cycle or motorbike – the fall to the ground often involves banging the head which has the same effect as a jolt to the head.
- Fairground rides – like a seatbelt in a car, the restraints on fairgrounds hold your body firmly in place, but leave your head free. A sudden jolt on the ride can give your head the sudden jolt it needs for you to sustain a whiplash injury.
- Something heavy hitting your head – a stroll through the park could end with you getting whiplash if a football, for instance, is kicked with some force and knocks into your head.
- Falling over – if you trip over a broken paving slab and fall awkwardly, you could cause the perfect conditions for a whiplash injury.
These, and many more accidents, every day cause innocent victims to suffer whiplash injuries. If yours was caused in an accident that was not your own fault, you may be entitled to claim compensation, and Accident Advice Helpline are here to assist you with your claim.
Treating a whiplash injury in Wishaw
The best way to treat a whiplash injury is to stay as active as possible. It has been found that this helps the injury to heal, and although it may cause you some discomfort to be moving around, you will not make the injury any worse. Painkillers can help relieve the pain and so can ice packs.
Mild whiplash should heal in just a few weeks, but chronic whiplash can last many months and leave victims with permanent injuries. If the victim is employed as a driver for example, the weaknesses left in their back can make the constant sitting very uncomfortable and they may no longer be able to carry on in the same job, if they are able to work at all.
Claiming compensation with Accident Advice Helpline
If you want to claim compensation for a whiplash injury in Wishaw then you should contact Accident Advice Helpline, the specialists in making personal injury claims.
Over the last 15 years we have helped many thousands of innocent victims get the compensation they deserved, and if you want, we can help you. Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and speak to a friendly advisor, or complete one of our online options to start your personal injury compensation claim.
Date Published: 23rd August 2014