If you suffer a whiplash injury in Charlton, and you’re contemplating raising a personal injury claim, you’ll need to ensure you go and see your doctor to get a proper medical diagnosis, because you’ll need this to substantiate your claim.
Other conditions that need to be in place to qualify a whiplash injury claim
In addition to the medical diagnosis there’s several other factors to take into consideration.
- The blame for the accident/incident that causes the whiplash injury must be attributable to a third party.
- The injury must be of a reasonably serious nature, or lead to other circumstances, such as additional costs associated with gaining treatment, or any possible loss of earnings.
- The injury must have taken place within the three year period immediately preceding the date of your claim. Be aware however that given the high number of whiplash injury claims being registered, (many of which are fraudulent), the three year window may be reduced.
Correct positioning of car head-rests can minimise whiplash injury damage
There is one thing that you can do that is totally within your own power to help minimise the damage a whiplash injury can cause. You can adjust the headrests in your car to provide maximum support. Most whiplash injuries are caused by a severe jolting of the head as a result of the vehicle you’re riding in being hit in the rear.
The violent backwards and forwards rocking motion that is a recoil effect of the sudden impact, causes the tendons and ligaments in your neck to overstretch. But if the head-rests in vehicle you’re travelling in are adjusted to support the top of the back of the head, this prevents your head from rocking too far backwards.
Side impact whiplash injury
Whiplash injury can also be caused by a side impact causing your head to violently rock from side to side. In this particular circumstance, a head-rest provides little or no support.
Determining the value of your claim for whiplash injury in Charlton
Determining the potential value of any whiplash injury claim in Charlton is relatively simple. All you have to do is visit Accident Advice Helpline’s website, and find the HOW MUCH calculator located on the homepage. By selecting the appropriate answers to 4 questions from the drop-down boxes provided, the calculator will decide within 30 seconds whether or not your claim is likely to be valid, and if so, will issue you with an estimate advising how much compensation could be awarded.
If you have incurred additional costs, associated with you whiplash injury in Charlton, such as travelling costs to obtain physiotherapy treatment for example, or you’ve experienced any loss of earnings, this will be taken into consideration when you complete the personal injury claim application form.
The benefits of using Accident Advice Helpline as your personal injury claim solicitor include:
- Our ‘no win, no fee’ service (as recommended by Esther Rantzen)
- Use of our 30 second HOW MUCH calculator
- Industry leading customer service
- Free helpline (0800 689 0500 from landlines – 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone).
Date Published: 3rd May 2014