How much compensation can I get for a whiplash injury in Holcombe?
Have you been the victim of a whiplash injury in Holcombe? If so, then you will likely be wondering to how much compensation you are entitled. Unfortunately, without knowing the specifics of your case, it is impossible to provide a definitive answer. Nonetheless, this post will reveal how compensation is determined, in order to give you a better understanding.
Before you can even begin to consider to how much you could be entitled for your whiplash injury in Holcombe, you first need to decipher whether you have the basis for a claim to begin with. You need to be able to prove the following three to be true:
- The whiplash injury was not your fault — it occurred because of someone else’s error or negligence;
- The whiplash injury in Holcombe happened with the past three years; and
- You received professional medical attention as a result of your injuries.
If you can prove these three statements to be the case, you can be sure you have a good chance of getting compensation. How much? Well, firstly the severity of your injury will be taken into account. If you have suffered a serious whiplash injury, you are going to get a greater amount than someone who has been the victim of a minor whiplash injury. Moreover, the impact the injury is going to have on your everyday life will be taken into account.
Aside from this, you will also receive compensation for any special damages. What are these? Special damages are out-of-pocket expenses, i.e. any costs that you have encountered as a result of your injuries. Therefore, if you have had to sort out childcare for your children whilst you recover, you can claim for this as special damages. It is imperative to keep proof of these costs.
Hopefully you now have a better idea regarding the way in which compensation is broken up for those who have experienced a whiplash injury in Holcombe. To gain further insight, give Accident Advice Helpline a call on our free legal helpline today!
How to get in touch with us
Call, text, or complete the handy 30-second calculator on our website. The details you need are:
- Helpline numbers: 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile;
- You can try the quick and easy 30-second test on our website: http://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/30-second-test; or
- Why not text ‘claim365’ to 88010?
Date Published: 10th August 2014
Author: David Brown