Five things you should know about making a claim for a whiplash injury in Haworth
If you have sustained a whiplash injury in Haworth you will likely be considering the option of making a claim. This post reveals five key things you need to know about doing so. So, read on to find out more…
- There is a time limit – Most people do not realise that there is a time limit on making a personal injury claim. This limit is three years. There can be exceptions on rare occasions. However, this is unlikely when it comes to a whiplash injury in Haworth, as exceptions tend to be the case when the injury shows itself over time, which never usually happens with whiplash.
- You must see a doctor – It does not matter how minor your whiplash injury in Haworth may be, you have to see a medical professional. If you fail to do this you will struggle to get anywhere, as there will be no proof that you were injured in the first place.
- You can claim for travel costs, childcare expenses, medical costs and such like – These are known as special damages. You can claim for these costs so long as you have encountered them because of suffering the whiplash injury in Haworth. You will need to keep proof of these costs if you are to successfully claim for them.
- Most cases are settled outside of court – A lot of people worry about making a personal injury claim because they do not want the hassle that is associated with doing so. People can envisage lengthy and stressful trials. However, it is important to know that less than three per cent of personal injury cases end up in a court room and thus it is unlikely that you will have anything to worry about.
- You should try and get the contact details of any witnesses – Last but not least, when you have just sustained a whiplash injury in Haworth it can be very difficult to think on your feet. However, if you can, it is extremely advisable to get the contact details of anyone that witnessed the accident. Their statements can prove to be extremely vital.
Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to discuss your claim in further detail
To discuss your claim with no obligation and in confidence, ring our helpline on 0800 689 0500 – or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile;
Text ‘claim365’ to 88010; or
Try the 30 second test on our website, http://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/30-second-test.