Special damages that you can claim for if you have suffered a whiplash injury in Criccieth…
When it comes to all personal injury cases, if you are eligible for compensation the amount you receive is broken down into two main sections. First of all, you will be compensated for the actual injury itself. The amount you will receive is based on the seriousness of your injury. They will also take into account the impact the injury will have on your life. Nonetheless, there is another type of damages you will be compensated for, and this is out of pocket expenses. Keep on reading to discover more about the special damages you can claim for if you have suffered a whiplash injury in Criccieth…
There is no denying the fact that whiplash can be a horrible injury. You can experience pain, dizziness and discomfort. The good news is you are unlikely to experience any long-term effects. Nonetheless, this does not mean that you won’t be entitled to a lot of compensation. After all, a whiplash injury in Criccieth can be a great inconvenience to your every day life for a while and thus can result in unnecessary expenses. You shouldn’t have to pay for these.
What can you claim for in special damages for whiplash?
- Medical Expenses – You may have incurred medical costs because of suffering whiplash injury in Criccieth. This could be anything from prescription costs to additional care whilst you are recovering.
- Loss of Earnings – Has whiplash left you unable to work? It is unlikely that you will be able to go straight back to working after suffering from this injury. Thus, if you suffer loss of earnings as a result you will be entitled to claim for this.
- Hospital Visits and Parking – Keep track of your hospital visits and your parking receipts. You will be able to claim for these as well. After all, you wouldn’t have had to make the journey if you hadn’t suffered the injury in question.
- Travel Expenses – Travel expenses does not only relate to the journeys you have had to make because of suffering from whiplash. You may have to sort out alternative transport because you have been left unable to drive for a few days. You can claim for this as well.
- Additional Household Costs – A prime example of this would be if you had to hire someone to help you with childcare because you were unable to do so whilst suffering from the impact of whiplash.
If you have suffered from a whiplash injury in Criccieth get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today. Our advice is available at no cost to you. We will explain the claim process and match you to a specialist solicitor if necessary. Our helpline numbers are 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. We’re open 24/7, so you can call us any time.