Whiplash is a common injury, usually as a result of a sharp rear-end force, such as road traffic accidents, or from some contact sports and, on some occasions, on amusement park rides. The snapping forward and back motion on the neck can cause damage to both bone structures and soft tissue.
Whiplash injury can be mild but for some people, the whiplash injury can cause prolonged partial disability. You may need to take time off work, need help at home and specialist treatment such as physiotherapy. The after effects from whiplash can range from a few weeks to several months, although in some very severe cases this can last for years.
5 facts about the whiplash injury compensation calculator…
- The whiplash compensation calculator is an ingenious 30-second test available for clients of Accident Advice Helpline. It has been designed to advise potential claimants quickly and efficiently if they have an eligible whiplash injury compensation claim. It will assess and tell you how much you could claim for your injury.
- Additional costs related to your whiplash injury can mount up too without you realising it! Whiplash can leave you with aches and pains in your neck and shoulders, headaches and sometimes pins and needles. You may need pain relief medication on prescription and don’t forget, prescription charges are per item. The cost of 2 or 3 items regularly on prescription will soon add up. You might also need to seek specialist treatment such as physiotherapy. The whiplash compensation calculator will be able to assess what additional costs you can claim back.
- If the whiplash compensation calculator gives you an indication of an eligible whiplash claim, we will arrange for you to speak to one of our specialist solicitors from our large legal team. They all operate on a ‘no win no fee’ basis so you don’t pay them a thing if your claim is unsuccessful.
- The whiplash compensation calculator is a tool offered by Accident Advice Helpline free of charge.
- Our helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week meaning you can use the whiplash compensation calculator when it’s convenient for you. You can use it on our website or you can talk to one of our friendly, professional advisors. If you choose to continue with your claim (and you’re under no obligation to do so) you can contact us any time to talk through concerns or to ask any questions.
Esther Rantzen, the well-known television presenter, champions our amazing service. She says: “It’s a startling fact that 7 out of 10 people don’t claim what they are legally entitled after suffering injury as a result of a no-fault accident – don’t be one of them!” Call us today and see if and what you could be entitled to by using our whiplash compensation calculator.
Date Published: 9th September 2012
Author: David Brown