How to manage stress when driving
When you are driving it is important to remain calm and concentrate on the road ahead of you, trying to spot potential hazards in order to avoid them. However this is easier said than done in many cases, as there are many things on the road which can cause stress. If you do allow stress to get the best of you, you risk causing an accident or being involved in one because you are not paying proper attention.
Road rage is a major cause of accidents and injuries on the road, as is panicking whilst you are driving. If you want to avoid an accident, the best way to do so is to keep your emotions in check. Here are some ways in which you can avoid stress on the roads.
- Give yourself plenty of time. One of the biggest stress factors when you are on the road is when you feel that you don’t have enough time to get where you are going and that other vehicles are slowing you down. Make sure that you give yourself extra time on the road so that you can take your time and enjoy a more relaxed journey.
- Don’t be provoked. Sometimes an incident of road rage will be nothing to do with you, but you may be drawn into it anyway by the rudeness or confrontational attitude of another driver. Make sure that you stay calm and just avoid the situation if another driver is trying to provoke you.
- Lock the doors and close the windows. If you are in an area which makes you feel nervous then you are likely to be tense and stressed throughout your journey. In these cases lock your car down so that you feel safer.
- Project confidence. If you look confident and in control then you will feel more confident and in control, and other drivers will respect you more.
- Apologise for your mistakes. If you make a mistake on the road, take ownership of it and wave your apology at the other driver to avoid a confrontation.
How to make a claim for a whiplash injury in Coldingham
If you do sustain a whiplash injury in Coldingham whilst driving, and the accident was caused by the negligence of another driver, you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries.
The best way to claim for a whiplash injury in Coldingham is to use an experienced injury lawyer, who can work with you to get you the compensation you deserve.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience with whiplash injury in Coldingham compensation claims and other types of injury claims.Open Claim Calculator
You can call the helpline to speak to the friendly, helpful team, and be passed over to our dedicated personal injury lawyers who will work on your behalf so you don’t have to go to court.
So for expert legal advice about your possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 (from a landline) or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.