Managing money from your compensation claim
Making a claim for compensation following a whiplash injury in Claygate can help you to achieve closure about the accident and the struggle you have to go through during your recovery. The best way to make a successful compensation claim is to go through an experienced injury lawyer, who will know the law better than you and be able to put together a claim which has a much better chance of being successful.
You can call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 about your whiplash injury in Claygate and to find out more about the claims process. You are under no obligation to proceed after this conversation and the team will offer you advice and support for free.
If you do decide to go ahead with a whiplash injury in Claygate claim, you will be teamed with a dedicated personal injury lawyer, who will work on a 100% no win no fee basis to get you the compensation you deserve.
If your claim is successful, it is important that you use any money you have gotten from the claim as efficiently as possible, as it is there to help you through the difficult months following your accident and injury. Here are some things this money can cover.
- Medical bills. Although the NHS will cover most of your medical treatment following your accident, the service is very oversubscribed and you may find that treatment takes longer and that you are not able to get all of the possible treatment options to help you with your recovery. Using your compensation to pay for private care can speed up your recovery and help you to get the best care possible.
- Alternative treatments. Most alternative treatments will not be covered on the NHS, but many people recovering from an injury want to use them and find that they help. You can use the money from your compensation claim to pay for everything from acupuncture to massage therapy, to aid your recovery.
- Lost wages. If you are recovering from a more serious injury, you may not be able to work for some time. Although many companies offer sickness pay, some do not, and sickness pay may only last a month or so. The money from your compensation claim can help to keep you afloat during this time.
- Help around the home. One of the ways to make yourself feel more secure during your recovery and after any surgery is to hire someone to help you around the house for a short time. Compensation payments can help to pay for this.
- Home alterations. If you are disabled for some time, one of the ways to get your independence back easily is to make modifications to your home, such as bars in the shower and bath to help you to get in more easily, and a stairlift so you have access to your entire home.