Treating shoulder pain
Shoulder pain can be caused by a number of factors, anything from bad posture to a whiplash injury in Chorley (or anywhere else for that matter).
Here are some tips on treating a shoulder injury directly.
- Rest. Your shoulder may not seem delicate, but it is. If you have sustained a shoulder injury then moving the injury around too much can make it last that much longer, or even put you at risk of a more serious injury or complications with your current injury. Try to get as much rest as possible, and avoid work for a while if you have a physical job.
- Ice packs. In some cases the most simple treatments can be the most effective. You may be able to treat and even cure your shoulder pain by regularly applying ice packs to the areas which hurt the most. Ice brings down swelling and inflammation, as well as helping to treat the pain of the shoulder injury so that you don’t have to take painkillers as often.
- Anti-inflammatories. Although you may not want to take painkillers all the time, anti-inflammatory painkillers do two jobs in that they kill the pain for you, but also work on your swelling and inflammation to help the injury to recover more quickly.
- Physiotherapy. A physical therapist will do their best to help you to regain mobility in your shoulder, as well as dealing with the pain itself and helping you to recover from your injury as quickly as you possibly can.
- Surgery. Always a last result, for doctors as well as patients, but surgery can be the only option for some types of injuries and pain. You may have to go back to physiotherapy after your surgery.
However, sometimes shoulder pain can be caused as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault..
if you have sustained a whiplash injury which wasn’t your fault, you may be able to claim compensation by calling Accident Advice Helpline. From a landline, call 0800 689 0500, or from a mobile on 0333 500 0993. You will need to explain to the team how your whiplash injury in Chorley came about and who was to blame and why.
The team will then help you to decide whether your whiplash inccident makes you eligible for a compensation claim against this other party. If it does then you will be passed over to an in house experienced injury lawyer who will work on a 100% no win no fee basis.
Date Published: 4th May 2014
Author: David Brown