Causes of back pain
Back and neck pains can be caused by a whiplash injury in Chopwell (or anywhere else for that matter). If you have sustained a whiplash injury due to a road accident (that was someone else’s fault), then you may be eligible for compensation..
If you are sure that you are not suffering from a whiplash injury, head to your GP for a diagnosis. Your GP will be able to listen to your symptoms and make suggestions as to what might be causing your pain, as well as starting you on the most effective treatment they can think of. Some other causes of back pain include:
- Bad posture. Bad posture is a surprisingly common reason for serious back pain and injury. This may not seem likely as you may feel more comfortable standing in a certain position, but when you learn to stand with a good posture, you may find that much of the back and neck strain you deal with on a day to day basis goes away.
- Being overweight. Being overweight can cause back pain as well as stress on the joints, making it difficult to walk around easily and without pain. Simply losing a few pounds may do wonders for your pain, and will often make you look and feel healthier as well.
- Stress. Although not exactly a physical reason for pain, stress can cause you to be very tense, which in turn leads to the muscles in your back being more tense and uncomfortable and, over time, stiffening up. Seeing a massage therapist can help with both your stress and tension, making your back feel looser and more comfortable than ever before.
- Long term medication use. Certain types of medications have been known to weaken the bones, leading to injury and pain which may at first seem unexplainable. Ask your doctor if any medication you have been taking for a long time has a history of causing this type of pain.
- A serious medical condition. Although it may be a whiplash injury in Chopwell, it could also be something like a slipped disc or sciatica, which need to be diagnosed and treated by a doctor.
Once you have received a diagnosis confirming whiplash or any such injury, call Accident Advice Helpline (AAH) on 0800 689 0500 to find out not only if you are eligible, but how much you could be possibly awarded.
By choosing AAH, you will only work with experienced injury lawyers who will do their absolute best to get you the compensation you deserve – working on a 100% no win no fee basis.