When to see a doctor after a head or whiplash injury
If you have been involved in an accident and sustained a head or whiplash injury in Chipping Sodbury then you should go to a doctor as soon as you can in order to check that your injury is not more serious than you may have suspected, and get treatment to help you recover more quickly.
Some people will try to avoid getting medical attention if they don’t feel that their injuries are serious enough, but when it comes to the head or a whiplash injury in Chipping Sodbury, you need to be sure that you are not suffering from a more serious condition, such as a spinal cord injury, or Traumatic Brain Injury, both of which can carry very serious complications.
Here are some of the symptoms you should be looking out for, which mean that you must see a doctor as soon as possible.
- Losing consciousness. This is a sign of a serious head or brain trauma, and can lead to death if not checked out and treated by a doctor. Ask someone to stay with you for 24 hours after your injury to make sure that you do not lose consciousness.
- Fits or seizures. This is another thing that someone staying with you can look out for, as you may not be aware of it.
- Impaired senses. If you lose your hearing, sense of taste or smell, or suffer blurred vision, this is a symptom of a serious head injury and should be looked at by a doctor.
- Any fracture to the head. Facial fractures or fractures to the skull must be treated as soon as possible.
- Slurred speed and disorientation. If you start to feel drowsy, confused or disorientated after an accident, head to a doctor as soon as you can to get treatment and a diagnosis.
- Numbness in the limbs. This could be a sign of a spinal injury, which could lead to paralysis if it goes untreated.
How to claim compensation for a whiplash injury in Chipping Sodbury
If you have sustained a head or whiplash injury in Chipping Sodbury, then you may want to claim compensation back from the person at fault for your accident.
The best way to do this is to work with an experienced personal injury lawyer, who will know the law better than you and be able to put together a strong case for a successful claim.Open Claim Calculator
Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims and can provide you with advice and support as well as passing you over to injury lawyers if you decide to proceed.
Call the helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to make a start on your claim.