Recovering from a severe head injury
If you have sustained a severe head injury then you will have had to go through a range of treatments and observation before you can be considered fit and well enough to go back home and start your recovery process. Even once you are back home you will still have a fairly long recovery process to go through, and this can be very frustrating for any adult who has until now led an independent life and enjoys their freedom.
You should attend every follow-up appointment that your doctor plans for you, in order to be sure that you are recovering as well as you can, and that there aren’t any further complications. You may also try a range of therapies to help you recover as quickly as you can.
- Stay with someone for 24 hours. Immediately following any type of head injury, no matter how minor it may appear to be, get someone to stay with you and watch you for signs of disorientation or slipping into unconsciousness.
- Avoid stress. Being stressed will only make any symptoms you are suffering more prevalent and can make the recovery process longer.
- Rest. Your body will probably demand rest after this type of injury, so you should listen to what your body needs and get as much sleep and rest as you can.
- Stay out of work and school. Whilst you are recovering, the stress of work and school will make it more difficult for you to recover fully. Make sure that you stay out of these places and only return when you feel fully recovered and able to do so.
- Stay out of your car. Even if you do feel able to drive again, emotionally, after your head injury, you should still avoid doing so until you are fully recovered. Not waiting until you are recovered puts you at risk of another accident.
How to claim for a head or whiplash injury in Chingford
One of the main causes of a head or whiplash injury in Chingford is a road accident.
In many cases the accident will have been caused by the negligence of another driver rather than through any fault of your own, and in this case it is absolutely understandable that you might want to claim compensation back for your injuries.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience with these types of claims, and can pair you with an experienced injury lawyer who will work with you to get you the compensation you deserve for your head or whiplash injury in Chingford.Open Claim Calculator
This compensation can pay for any further treatment your whiplash injury in Chingford requires, and help around the house whilst recovering from a head injury.
Call the helpline on: 0800 689 0500 to get started today!