Severe head injuries
If you have sustained a serious head injury then it is critical that you seek medical attention as quickly as you possibly can. A serious head injury can have a whole host of complications which can lead to death or permanent brain damage if not dealt with quickly.
In some cases, you could sustain a very serious head injury and not actually know it at the time, but which could cause fatal complications later on.
If you have had any kind of head trauma, it is always best to see a doctor to be safe rather than sorry, so that you can be monitored and looked after in the hours or days following your injury.
What should you be looking out for?
If you are not sure what you should be concerned about after a head injury, here are some of the things you should pay attention to:
- Unconsciousness. If you think that you have sustained a head injury, you should keep someone with you for at least 24 hours to watch out for you slipping into unconsciousness. If you do want to sleep, ask them to wake you periodically to be sure that they can.
- Seizures. This will often be caused by swelling on the brain, and you should be taken to a doctor right away.
- Amnesia. Someone should ask you at the scene of your accident what you remember, what your name is, and simple questions such as who is the current prime minister.
- Nausea and vomiting. Any time you suffer these symptoms after an accident you should go to see a doctor.
- Blood loss. If you see or feel blood coming from the nose or ears then this is a very bad sign following a head trauma. Make sure that you go to a hospital as soon as possible after this type of symptom.
What to do if you sustain a head injury or whiplash injury in China Town
If you sustain a head injury or a whiplash injury in China Town as the result of an accident which was caused by the negligence of someone else, you may want to consider claiming compensation against the person who was at fault.
Compensation can help to pay for any treatment for your head or whiplash injury in China Town following your accident, and will help to pay for help around the home or any lost wages as the result of what happened to you.
The best way to get compensation is through an injury lawyer, and you can find experienced lawyers through Accident Advice Helpline on: 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
The helpline can also give you advice and support throughout the compensation process, to make it easier for you to recover from your head or whiplash injury in China Town.