Had a painful whiplash injury and don’t know how to make a claim? Follow our guide to making a successful claim!
Whiplash is a common condition that many people associate with road traffic accidents, particularly collisions involving rear-end shunts. These type of accidents occur when the vehicle in front is hit by a vehicle behind, causing a shunt effect. Sometimes, rear-end shunts can involve multiple vehicles, which may result in many casualties being caused.
If you have been the victim of a whiplash injury in Callander and sustained injury to your neck as a result, then you may be legally entitled to pursue a personal injury compensation claim.
What types of accidents cause whiplash injury?
Although many people believe that whiplash is caused by road traffic accidents, not all whiplash injuries are due to accidents involving vehicles.
Whiplash may also be caused by:
- Falls from height;
- Slips, trips and falls;
- Sporting related accidents involving heavy contact, such as rugby and boxing;
- Winter sports accidents, such as skiing and snowboarding;
- Water sports accidents, such as waterskiing and kayaking;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Cycling accidents;
- Work-related accidents;
- Industrial accidents; and
- Construction site accidents.
What are the symptoms of whiplash?
Regardless of the causes of this condition, the symptoms of a whiplash injury in Callander may include:Open Claim Calculator
- Severe pain and discomfort across the neck, shoulders and upper arms;
- Stiffness across the neck and shoulders;
- Inability to rotate the neck normally;
- Headaches; and
Whiplash is usually diagnosed by a medical practitioner, who will perform a physical examination to ascertain the degree of movement and the location of any symptoms, in order to rule out further injury. Once the condition has been diagnosed, treatment usually includes:
- Resting the neck as much as possible initially to reduce swelling and inflammation of the damaged tissues;
- Taking anti-inflammatory medication to reduce the pain and swelling;
- Gentle low level exercises to encourage healing and restore function;
- A neck brace may be given initially to support the neck whilst moving, however this shouldn’t be overused as it may lengthen recovery time and restrict movement; and
- Physiotherapy may be suggested if symptoms are long-term and debilitating.
Can I make a claim for my whiplash injury in Callander?
Many people who have been injured are unsure whether or not they are eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim for their whiplash injury in Callander. However, the law is clear on this matter, and states that if you are the victim of an accident that wasn’t caused by any fault of your own within the last three years, and you have been injured as a result, then you may legally claim compensation for your injuries.
How do I make a compensation claim?
Simply call the leading law firm Accident Advice Helpline for no-obligation advice and information about making a no win no fee* compensation claim for your whiplash injury in Callander. You can find out quickly and reliably if you are entitled to make an accountable compensation claim over the phone!
Just dial 0800 689 0500 from your land line, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile to discuss your accident with an adviser.