Sustaining a whiplash injury in Bridge of Orchy can happen in many different ways. Contact us at Accident Advice Helpline for no-win, no-fee* legal support.
Causes of whiplash include:
- Falling from your cycle. If you hit a pothole, you could easily be thrown from the bike. If you fall awkwardly and bang you head, you could damage the tendons and ligaments in your neck creating a whiplash injury in Bridge of Orchy.
- Tripping over. Slips, trips and falls are the most common accidents in the UK and many people get up and walk away from them without a problem. For some, however, a few hours later they start to experience pain and stiffness in their neck area, and this usually turns out to be a whiplash injury in Bridge of Orchy.
- Something hitting your head with force. You could be walking through the park minding your own business when a stray rugby ball thrown at full throttle hits your head. The sudden jolt to your head can easily cause a whiplash injury.
- Rear end shunts. Whiplash is usually associated with this type of vehicle collision. Very few drivers have their headrest in the correct position, but they are designed to reduce the risk of whiplash if they are used properly.
- Playing contact sports. Sports people expect to get minor injuries while playing, bumps and grazes are part of games. But in contact sports, such as rugby or boxing, a whiplash injury is easily sustained because of some of the forceful blows that happen.
Claiming compensation for a whiplash injury that wasn’t your fault
It does not matter how you sustain a whiplash injury, if it was caused through the fault of someone else, you may be entitled to claim compensation. It is not just the injury that you can claim for. Injuries can create many other costs that were not planned for, and these can all be recouped as part of your claim, providing you have proof of them. Things like:
- Loss of earning
- Extra medical costs
- Travel costs
- Home help
- Any cost or loss that is a result of the accident
Where to get the best help for you claim for a whiplash injury in Bridge of Orchy
You can do no better than Accident Advice Helpline when you want help to make a personal injury claim of any sort. We have been handling claims for more than 15 years’ and have the experience and expertise to give your claim the best chance of success.
If you complete the 30-second test on our website, you can get an estimate of the amount you could be awarded, or you can call our friendly and helpful advisors on 0800 689 0500, or you can call us from a mobile phone on 0333 500 0993 and start your claim for whiplash injury in Bridge of Orchy.Open Claim Calculator