Mention Branston to many people and the first thing they will think of is pickle. There is a place called Branston though where the pickle was first produced in 1922. It is a rather nice suburb of Burton on Trent in Staffordshire, and lying on its edge is the extremely busy A38 road. There are several housing estates in Branston, schools, shops, pubs and a very well known golf course. The A38 is a road that has a reputation for accidents, and sometimes victims suffer a whiplash in Branston while travelling along it.
A whiplash injury in Branston on the A38
The A38 is the longest 2 digits A road in England, being a staggering 292 miles long. To travel its length you would start at Bodmin in Cornwall, then head through Liskeard, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bridgewater, Gloucester, Worcester, Bromsgrove, Birmingham, Lichfield, Burton upon Trent, Derby and finally Mansfield in Nottinghamshire.
Large parts of the road were built to bypass towns, taking the traffic away from city centres and much of it follows the routes of old Roman roads. It does not matter which part of the major road you are on, it is always busy and there are many accidents along its length every week, and some of those result in victims sustaining a whiplash injury in Branston.
What to do if you sustain a whiplash injury in Branston
Legally you are entitled to claim compensation from whoever was responsible for any injury you sustained in an accident that was not your own fault, as long as your injury needed medical attention, and the accident happened no more than three years ago.
Claiming compensation can be a daunting prospect for most victims, the majority of whom will not have made a personal injury claim before. But if they contact Accident Advice Helpline, we will take care of it all.Open Claim Calculator
How Accident Advice Helpline can help
We endeavour to make the legal process of claiming compensation as stress free as possible for our claimants, and to help achieve this we will:
- Never ask you for any money to start your claim, or if your claim is lost. We use the no win no fee* agreement and that takes care of financing your claim.
- Treat all claims with integrity, reliability, dependability and accountability, being open and honest about your claim, always giving your needs priority.
- Deal with the claim as quickly, simply and efficiently as possible.
- Keep you informed of progress.
- Make sure every area of your accident and injuries are examined, so that you are awarded the maximum compensation for your circumstances.
- Deal with whoever we need to, no matter how large or small an organisation they may be.
- Continue to give free advice on our freephone helpline, 0800 180 4123.
- Continue the use of our 30-second test, which gives you an estimate of how much your compensation could be.
- Make sure you get the highest quality service when you are making your personal injury claim.
These are just a few of the reasons why Esther Rantzen recommends our services, and tells victims to use Accident Advice Helpline because she knows we will look after them.