Claiming compensation for a whiplash injury
If you have had an accident which was not your fault, and sustained a whiplash injury in Blandford because of it, you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries if you know the right way to go about it. In many cases you will be entitled to compensation for your whiplash injury in Blandford, but may not get it because you don’t know how to go about it.
Here are some tips for making your compensation claim successfully:
- Get the emergency services to the scene. The best way for you to prove that you sustained your whiplash injury in Blandford through the accident in which you were involved, and get a full medical assessment of your injuries, is to get an ambulance and the police to the scene of the accident.
- Keep all medical documents. You can ask your doctor for a medical report which proves which injuries you suffered and the extent of them. You should keep any prescriptions or medical notes as well.
- Ask for a copy of the police report. The police report will prove what happened at the scene and will have witness statements and other official notes, which will back up your story and prove that you were not to blame for your accident.
- Check your injuries match your accident. If you have sustained a whiplash injury from a road accident then this is fairly common, but other types of injuries may not match up with what happened in your accident. This can get your claim thrown out.
- Gather evidence and information. Make notes as soon as you can about everything you remember about the accident. This will be useful down the line. You should also ask for the details of any witnesses to the accident, and take pictures of the damage to yourself, your vehicle, and of the scene of the accident.
- Find an injury lawyer. A good injury lawyer will be able to process your claim for you, and ensure that you get the best case possible put together. You are more likely to make a successful claim through an experienced injury lawyer.
How to find an injury lawyer to help claim for your whiplash injury in Blandford
Accident Advice Helpline have over 15 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims and work with experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers. You can call the helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, to speak to our team about your injury and get help deciding whether or not you want to go ahead with your claim. If you do, then our experienced injury lawyers will be passed over to your case and will work on a 100% no win no fee basis to get you the compensation you deserve.
Date Published: 29th April 2014
Author: David Brown