Help someone with a spinal injury
A spinal injury can be one of the most painful and crippling type of injuries you can suffer from. If you have sustained a spinal injury then it may take a long time to get back to normal. Much like with a whiplash injury in Blackwater, it causes constant pain when sitting, standing or laying down, and will make getting on with your day to day life tricky. If you have a friend or loved one who is struggling with a spinal injury, there are a few things you can do to make their pain better and their life easier.
- Get them to a doctor. If you suspect that a loved one is suffering from a spinal injury, the best thing you can do for them is get them to a doctor as quickly as possible. A spinal injury can leave you paralysed if not treated quickly and appropriately, so this is the first thing to do.
- Allow them to rest. If you are in a position to move in with them for a short time then this is the best thing to do, so that you can help them around the house and make sure everything is done so that they can get all of the rest they need.
- Help them to avoid stress. Stressful situations can just make the situation last all the longer, as well as making this time even more painful for them. Try to help out where you can to keep them calm and happy.
- Make sure they get their medication. After seeing a doctor they should be taking medication for the pain and to help them to heal. Make sure they get this as often as they need it.
- Use heat and cold to fight the pain. Instead of feeding them painkillers constantly, help them to apply heat packs and ice to the affected area as needed to help with the pain and any inflammation.
When to claim compensation for a whiplash injury in Blackwater
If you have sustained a whiplash injury in Blackwater through an accident which was not your fault, and you can prove that your accident was caused by the negligence of someone else, you should find a way to claim compensation. The best way to do this is to call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone to speak to the friendly, helpful team about your accident.
The team will help you to decide whether your whiplash injury in Blackwater entitles you to compensation and, if it does, will pass you over to our experienced injury lawyers who will work with you on a 100% ‘no win, no fee’ basis to get you the compensation you deserve. These lawyers will also work on your behalf so that you shouldn’t have to go to court.
Date Published: 1st May 2014
Author: David Brown