You may suffer a whiplash injury in Aviemore through a cycling accident. Most people assume that you can only get a whiplash injury through a car accident, but that is not true, there are other ways for the injury to happen.
If you suffer a whiplash injury in Aviemore, through no fault of your own, then contact an injury lawyer from Accident Advice Helpline, so they can help you to make a personal injury compensation claim against the people who were responsible for your accident.
Coming off your cycle may end up with you suffering a whiplash injury in Aviemore
If you are a cyclist, then you should be very careful whilst you are riding on the roads. This is because you are more vulnerable, because you have very little to protect you if you do become involved in an accident, and because of this your injuries can often be very serious.
Here are a few tips that you can do to try to reduce the risks of an accident or a serious injury, they are:
- Wear something bright or high visibility. Many cars drivers say they just did see the cyclist until it was too late.
- Always ride in single file. There are two reasons for this. One is that car drivers get very impatient if they cannot overtake a cyclist, and this can lead to accidents. The other is that if the rider next to you falls, they are very likely to take you with them.
- Do not ride close to parked cars. This can be fatal if someone opens a door and knocks you into a vehicle coming the other way.
- Always wear the appropriate safety gear. A good quality, well fitting helm, knee pads, elbow pads and sturdy footwear can all help reduce the risk of a serious injury.
- Maintain your cycle. Always check the obvious things like brakes and lights before setting out on your ride.
- Know the Highway Code. Cyclists are one of the few people allowed on roads without taking a test first, but they should still make sure they know the rules of the road.
Hopefully, these precautions will reduce the risk of you suffering a whiplash injury in Aviemore, or any other type of injury that was not your fault.
Here are some injuries you may suffer because of a cycling accident
There are lots of different injuries that you could suffer because of a cycling accident, although there are some that seem to more usual for cyclists to sustain, such as:
- Broken bones
- Back and spinal injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Road rash
- Knee or elbow injuries
- Facial injuries
If the accident was not your fault, and you suffer any of these injuries, it could result in you being entitled to claim compensation, and the easy way to do this is to contact Accident Advice Helpline.
Giving cyclists the representation they need
As cyclists do not have to be insured to ride on the roads, they are quite often the least represented person in any type of personal injury claim.
We will give them all the help and advice they need and will take the stress away from them, making sure they are treated fairly and get the compensation they deserve.
Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim for compensation.
Date Published: 7th May 2014