Treatments for a neck injury
There are various types of neck injury. A whiplash injury in Alum Bay is a type of neck injury that your doctor will probably have to take a look at, and will prescribe medication and treatments to help you to heal more quickly. More low level types of injury include a strained or wrenched neck which can be painful for a couple of days but should be treatable at home with various methods that don’t even include medication. Wherever your neck injury comes from, you can use these tips to help yourself at home.
- Exercise the muscles. See your doctor before you consider doing anything to work out any type of injury, as you could actually make the problem worse. If your doctor says that exercising the muscles will make your neck feel better then do this slowly, using stretches and rotations.
- Try painkillers. If you have hurt your neck very mildly, and suspect that the pain will only last a few days, then there is no harm in using over the counter medications to alleviate the pain you are feeling. It is only when you need to use these constantly that you may run into difficulty.
- Take a warm bath or shower. Steam helps your muscles to relax and can make your shoulders drop and your neck start to feel instantly better. This is a helpful thing to do before you go to bed, as well as when the pain is particularly bad.
- Try a heating pad. For neck pain, it is often best to use heat rather than ice to alleviate the pain, so buy a heating pad or get a hot water bottle which you can place against the back of your neck when the pain is severe.
- Use a neck brace. Your doctor may be able to provide you with a neck brace for some neck injuries, and you can put this on when the pain gets bad. If the pain is very severe, however, you should not wait, and should get back to your doctor as soon as you can to ensure that nothing serious is wrong.
What to do if you do have a whiplash injury in Alum Bay
If your whiplash injury in Alum Bay was the fault of someone else, a compensation claim can help you to pay for medical treatments and help around the house whilst you are recovering from your injury. You can call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 on a mobile) to discuss your whiplash injury in Alum Bay and find out whether or not you have a good case for compensation. You are under no obligation to proceed after you make this phone call but, if you do, you will work with experienced injury lawyers on your claim, and shouldn’t have to go to court. Why not find out more about what we can do for you today?
Date Published: 19th April 2014
Author: David Brown