Have you suffered whiplash from a car crash in Three Rivers?
Most people who have been the victims of car crashes end up suffering from whiplash. This is an exceptionally common injury, which is caused when the neck jolts backwards and forwards in a violent manner. This can lead to many symptoms, ranging from neck pain and stiffness to nausea and blurred vision. If you have sustained whiplash from a car crash in Three Rivers, and you want to make a claim, read on to discover all of the information you need to know.
FAQ about car crash claims
- Can I claim if I have not seen a doctor? Unfortunately, it is extremely unlikely. We see a lot of people that have suffered from whiplash and do not get professional medical treatment. This is often because their injuries are minor, and so they would rather cope with them themselves. However, if you want to have a good chance of compensation, you need to see a doctor. Otherwise, you won’t be able to prove that you were injured in the first place. Plus, it is also vital to bear in mind the fact that injuries like whiplash can take a while to present themselves, so it’s not worth risking your health by not getting the advice you need.
- Can I make a claim if I was only a passenger? Yes. If you were a passenger in a vehicle and the driver of your vehicle or the other car caused the crash, you can claim. The only reason you will not be able to claim is if for some reason you are responsible for the accident.
- Will I have to go to court? We cannot give you a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer for this question, as there is always the possibility that your case will need to be settled in the courtroom. Nevertheless, it is extremely unlikely. In fact, most cases are resolved over the phone, with fewer than three per cent of claims resulting in a trial.
- What should I do immediately after a car accident? Aside from ensuring you get the essential medical treatment, you should get contact information from the person that caused the incident, as well as anyone that witness it. Witness statements can help to improve your case.
- How do I make a claim? That’s easy – you give Accident Advice Helpline a call. Our helpline numbers are 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. You will take to one of our polite and professional advisors, who will answer all of your queries and provide you with the best no-win no-fee solicitor from our team based on the details of your case. So, give us a call today.
Date Published: 15th November 2015
Author: David Brown