If you have been involved in a road traffic accident that wasn’t not your fault and you end up suffering from whiplash symptoms as a result, then you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Innocent victims can claim compensation if they suffer whiplash symptoms in the UK
In the UK, the law says that if you are an faultless victim of any type of accident, you may be able to claim compensation from the person who was responsible for the accident, as long as you fit the rules, which are:
- The accident must have been the fault of someone else
- You should have sustained injuries in the accident, that needed medical attention
- The accident should have happened within the last three years
These rules apply to all personal injury compensation claims, although there are some exceptions to the three year rule, such as:
- If you were under 18 at the time of the accident, someone should make the claim on your behalf. If they do not, you have until your 21st birthday to make the claim.
- Industrial illnesses can take many years to show themselves, so you have three years from the date of diagnosis to make your claim.
Claiming compensation with the professionals to help
The first thing that stops victims making a claim is that they think they can not afford to. Accident Advice Helpline operate on a ‘no win no fee* basis’ and we will not ask you for any money to start you claim, or if your claim is lost. Do not let finances stand in the way of getting the compensation you are entitled to if you are suffering from whiplash symptoms.
After 14 years of aiding victims get the justice they are entitled to, we have honed our skills to make claims even simpler, faster and more efficient. Our claimants are our first consideration all the time.
If you want to discuss your accident in more detail with an adviser then dial 0800 689 0500 from your land line, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.