Whiplash injury solicitors are specialists in their field, and are ready to help you claim compensation if you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, some time in the last three years.
Most people associate having to use whiplash injury solicitors with a rear end shunt between two cars, but that is just one way a whiplash injury can happen. Any sudden jolt to your head, that forces it further than it would normally move, can damage the tendons and muscles in your neck, and this is what a whiplash injury is.
How whiplash injury solicitors can help you
Whiplash injury solicitors can help you claim the compensation that UK law says you are legally entitled to after being injured in any accident that was not your fault. They will not only claim for the pain and suffering you have had to endure, but also for any costs and losses that arise because of the accident, such things as:
- Extra medical expenses. These could be as simple as prescription charges, but could also be for private medical treatment, if the treatment you need is not available on the NHS.
- Travel costs. If your vehicle is off the road, or you are unable to drive because of your injury, you may need to use taxis to and from medical appointments.
- Care costs. Your injuries could be so severe that you are not able to undertake everyday tasks for yourself, and might need help to do some of the things we normally take for granted, like having a shower, getting dressed, or maybe doing your own hair.
- Childcare. If you need help with the children until you recover, childcare costs can be very expensive.
- Home adaption. Your injuries could be such that your home needs adapting for you to cope with them. Severe leg injuries for instance could mean you having to use a wheelchair, and then you could need ramps fitting.
These are just a few examples of the sorts of costs an accident can cause, and they can all be recouped as part of your claim, providing you have proof that you paid them.
The same applies to any loss of earning. You have to be able to prove that your income did reduce to be able to claim the loss back.
Finding the best solicitors to help you
Finding the best solicitors to help you claim your compensation is easy, just go to the website of Accident Advice Helpline and you will find all the information you need. There is a test that takes just 30 seconds to find out if you qualify for compensation, and gives you an estimate of how much that could be.
Not everyone likes computers though, so we also have the option of calling our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. There you will find friendly and helpful expert claims advisors, who will discuss your situation with you in confidence, and then let you decide if you want to make a personal injury compensation claim.