How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What to do if you’ve been involved in a car accident

    Have you been hurt whilst crossing the road?

    When road traffic accidents occur, people are often most concerned about how the drivers and passengers are affected. Of course, it is entirely possible that they could have sustained serious injuries so it’s important that they receive medical attention.

    However, pedestrians can also be affected by road traffic accidents and this shouldn’t be overlooked. In addition to being hit by moving vehicles, pedestrians can sometimes be indirectly affected by collisions and traffic accidents.

    If two vehicles collide, for example, the damage could be extensive and the vehicles may lose parts or glass may shatter. If you’re nearby, there’s a chance that you could be struck by vehicle parts and this could cause you to get seriously hurt.

    What to do if you’ve been involved in a car accident

    If you’ve been injured in some way, it’s important to know what to do if you’ve been involved in a car accident. If you’re able to walk, you may be tempted to go home as quickly as possible in order to recover from the shock of the incident but this isn’t always the most sensible thing to do.

    In many cases, it’s best to stay on the scene until you’re sure you don’t need emergency medical help. If the police attend the scene of the accident, they may want to speak to you if you witnessed the collision as well.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Although what to do if you’ve been involved in a car accident may seem obvious, the shock of being hurt can make it hard to think straight so it’s good to have a plan in mind. For example, you could access medical assistance for yourself and anyone else affected. Depending on how badly you’ve been hurt, you may be able to provide initial first aid to other people who have been hurt by the accident.

    Taking legal action after an accident

    Although you may not think of it immediately, you could also take legal action after a car accident has occurred. Providing you weren’t responsible for the incident, a personal injury solicitor could help you to obtain compensation for any injuries you sustained.

    If you weren’t too badly hurt, you may not see any point in making a claim but this could result in you missing out on a considerable sum of money. To find out how much compensation you could receive for your injuries, take our 30-second test now.

    If you’d prefer to talk to someone about making a claim, contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile and we’ll provide all the help you need.

    Category: Car accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.