Making a Westminster accident claim can be a worrying and stressful experience, particularly if the person on the receiving end of your claim is your employer.
Making a Westminster accident claim against your employer
To recover damages from your employer, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- That your accident resulted from the carelessness of your employer
- That your accident caused you to suffer an injury
- That your injury was the foreseeable consequence of your employer’s carelessness
You will not have to prove these points beyond all doubt, but simply show that it is more likely than not that your employer was responsible for your accident.
Claim compensation with the aid of our trained legal team
If your injury has left you with significant health and social care needs, you may wish to instruct the experienced legal team here at Accident Advice Helpline to handle the intricacies of your Westminster accident claim. Working for you on a 100% ‘no win, no fee*’ basis, we will call upon our industry contacts to obtain the evidence required to secure compensation for the pain and suffering associated with your injury.
In pursuing your claim, we will:
- Acquire medical evidence to show the extent of your injury and to establish your chances of making a full recovery
- Acquire statements from any witnesses to your accident
- Obtain copies of any reports made by the police, ambulance service and/or Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Obtain reports from experienced professionals who may be able to support your claim, for example, rehabilitation specialists
In addition to taking the time to understand the way in which your injury has affected your daily life, we will assist you in recouping the cost of the following losses and expenses:
- Lost earnings and/or career opportunities
- Professional care and assistance costs
- Transport and travel costs
- Specialist medical care costs
We will also seek to obtain interim payments to ensure that you receive financial support throughout the course of your claim.
Wherever possible, we will attempt to resolve your Westminster accident claim through negotiations with your employer’s insurance company, but if your employer refuses to negotiate a reasonable settlement out of court, we will let a judge decide whether you deserve to receive compensation for your employer’s carelessness.
Call us free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim.
Date Published: 10th July 2014
Author: Jan Newell