How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    West Yorkshire Accident at Work Claim


    Personal Injury Solicitors in West Yorkshire

    If you work in the food and drink industry in West Yorkshire, and you’ve been injured in the workplace through no fault of your own, you’ll find all the information you want to know about launching a West Yorkshire accident at work claim from Accident Advice Helpline’s website.

    5,000 injuries per year occur in the food and drink manufacturing industry

    Every year, approximately 5,000 injuries occur in the food and drink manufacturing industry, according to statistics gathered through RIDDOR by the HSE. By far the greatest majority of the injuries (90%) take place in the food manufacturing sector, with the other 10% occurring in the drinks manufacturing sector.

    16% of injuries are classed as serious

    Of the 5,000 injuries that take place, approximately 16% are classed as major injuries. These are injuries that result in broken bones and other musculoskeletal injuries, which are mostly due to slips, trips and falls, either on level ground, or from height 

    The main causes of injuries in the food and drink manufacturing industry

    It’s not just slip, trip and fall injuries however; there are other causes too, and these include:

    • Manual handling
    • Being struck by on-site transport
    • Being struck by a falling object
    • Accidents with knives
    • Accidents with food processing machinery
    • Accidents with packaging machinery 

    Statistics of injuries caused by food processing machinery

    Like most manufacturing and processing industries, the food and drink manufacturing industry relies heavily on automation, and it is this automated machinery that is the root cause of many accidents and injuries. The statistics show that the machinery used in food manufacturing and processing is responsible for::

    Open Claim Calculator

    • More than 30% of fatal injuries
    • In excess of 10% of serious injuries
    • Over 7% of all injuries that result in more than a three-day leave of absence 

    Machines that cause injury that can result in a West Yorkshire accident at work claim

    Over a four-year period, the HSE has gathered statistics relating to the types of machinery that have been the cause of serious injuries. These statistics, which are also responsible for many a West Yorkshire accident at work claim, can be broken down as follows:

    • 30% – Conveyor belts
    • 12%  – Forklift trucks
    • 5%  – Bandsaws
    • 4%  – Thermoforming machines
    • 3% – Food mixing machines
    • 2% – Slicing machines
    • 1% – Patty forming machines
    • 0 .5% – Drink crating and de-crating machines

    An injury claim solicitor you can trust

    Each and every year thousands of people put their trust in Accident Advice Helpline to help with their West Yorkshire accident at work claim for compensation. When injury victims use our services, they benefit from:

    • Our ‘no win, no fee*’ service which is highly recommended by Esther Rantzen
    • Access to our website based, 30 second, HOW MUCH compensation calculator
    • The industry-leading customer support service that we provide
    • Use of our toll-free 24/7 helpline which can be accessed from any landline on 0800 689 0500, or from any mobile on 0333 500 0993.

    Date Published: 5th October 2014

    Author: Howie

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.