Advice on claiming compensation
If you are thinking about claiming compensation there are some things that you should know about claiming, so you know what to expect when you come to claim.
Firstly, you may be uncertain about whether or not you are eligible to make an personal injury claim. As a general rule, you can claim personal injury compensation for any injury, so long as the cause of your injury was:
- Someone else’s fault – for example, you were injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, or you have been made unwell due to work-related stress.
- Your injury, or illness, occurred in the past three years.
- And you saw a doctor, or a medical professional, about your injury or illness.
- Still unsure? Don’t worry, it’s not always cut and dry! Call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and one of our advisers will try and help you.
Personal compensation is non-taxable, and is normally paid out after an out of court settlement; it is quite unusual for personal injury claims to go to court. Those that do are heard in civil courts.
The amount that you are awarded will depend on how serious your injury was, the impact it had on your life, and whether or not your injury caused you any financial costs. You can be paid back money you have spent on;
- Private medical care
- Replacing damaged clothing or personal items
- Medical costs
- Or, if yours injury was caused by a road accident, the cost of vehicle repairs and vehicle hire
Your West Somerset ‘no win, no fee’ lawyers will be able to tell you what you can claim for when you begin your claim, but for now keep a note of what your injury is costing you, and make sure you can prove your costs! Keep hold of receipts and bank statements.
You can get an idea of how much you compensation you can expect to receive by using the compensation calculator tool on our website: www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk.
How to claim
If you would like to go ahead and claim, our West Somerset ‘no win, no fee’ lawyers are ready to help you. Our West Somerset ‘no win, no fee’ lawyers are injury lawyers, so they know how to make sure that your claim is successful, and make sure that you get all of the compensation that you are owed.
All you need to do to start your claim is call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, for a brief chat with one of our advisers. Your adviser will talk you through the claim process and pass your details onto our West Somerset ‘no win, no fee’ lawyers who will get started on your claim.
- We have one of the highest success rates in the industry, so you know that your claim is in safe hands when you claim with us!
Call now on 0800 689 0500. Or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Both lines are open 24/7.
Date Published: 28th October 2014
Author: David Brown