How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    West Berkshire law firm

    How to complain to your council and find a West Berkshire law firm if all else fails

    Before you can make any form of claim or court case against your local council, on your own or through a law firm, you will first need to make a complaint. If you fail to bring the problem to the council’s attention then you will find it very difficult to prove that they didn’t do anything to ease the situation, or provide you with the compensation that you deserved from them.

    Making a complaint is one way to get the result you want without having to go through a West Berkshire law firm. It will also help you with evidence against the council if you do need to take things further.

    What is the complaints procedure?

    Although for the most part, the complaints procedure will be the same for most councils, it is still helpful to find out what your local council’s complaints procedure is before you can go ahead with your complaint. The council website should have a copy of the complaints procedure somewhere, and if not will at least provide you with any phone numbers or email addresses you need to help you to take the next step in making a complaint. Remember that if the complaints procedure is there, then it is always correct to go through this process first.

    When can I skip the complaints procedure?

    It is never really a good idea to skip the complaints procedure, as it may hinder your case, but if you have reason to believe that your complaint will be overlooked, or you feel that it is very important that your case is looked over quickly, so that something can be done about the situation, then you may be within your rights to go over the heads of the council. In a case where something dangerous has been ignored, you should feel free to go for a court case sooner rather than later.

    Should you find a West Berkshire law firm if you want to take things further?

    To make an injury claim against your council, or get a better result than they have offered you, you don’t actually need a West Berkshire law firm to help you with your claim. If you can’t find a West Berkshire law firm that you are comfortable with, then call Accident Advice Helpline instead.  For our law firm to process your claim effectively, you will need to have all of the details of your accident or injury, as well as evidence, such as photographs or a medical report.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we have over 15 years’ experience dealing with personal injury compensation claims. We can provide you with dedicated and experienced personal injury lawyers who will work on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis to get you the compensation you deserve. You can call the helpline on 0800 689 0500 to make a start on your claim. If using a mobile, call 0333 500 0993 instead.

    Date Published: 23rd August 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.