Daily checks to perform on your car to avoid a West Berkshire car accident
Performing daily safety checks on your car, particularly if you use it all the time, may seem like overkill. If you were only using the car a few hours before and are heading out again, why should you have to go over it again to ensure that everything is still safe? The reason for this is that the smallest issue with your car can cause a problem which leads to a West Berkshire car accident, and these issues can crop up at any time.
If you have not performed a check between the time before the problem and when the problem started, then you are at least partly to blame for the West Berkshire car accident. Here are some checks you should be doing on your vehicle every time you get into it.
- Mirrors. Check the interior mirrors and side mirrors to make sure that they are clean and whole. Any cracks, smears or smudges could easily cause an accident by limiting your vision.
- Lights. Check the headlights, the parking and brake lights to make sure that they are all working properly. If any light isn’t working then it needs to be replaced before you can drive, or it could contribute to an accident.
- Horn. Although this may not seem very important, it could save your life in an accident, and it is illegal to drive in the UK without your horn working properly.
- Windscreen washers and wipers. Make sure everything is working as it should be and that your windscreen wipers are not worn down or tatty.
- Number plates. Even though there is unlikely to be damage, you should check that these are clean and legible. You will need to clean or change them if not.
When to claim for a West Berkshire car accident
If you have had a West Berkshire car accident and feel that it was caused by another driver, you will need evidence to support this before you can claim on their insurance or make a claim for compensation. However, it is more than worthwhile making a claim for compensation if it is owed to you. It can help to pay for medical bills, damage to your car and even just provide you with a sense of vindication that helps you to reach emotional closure with the situation.
Call us at Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from your mobile) to speak to the friendly, helpful team about your West Berkshire car accident. We can give you some information about the claims process and whether or not you have a good case for a claim. If you do then a claim can be started on your behalf. You will be kept updated and looked after throughout the process.
Date Published: 12th June 2014
Author: David Brown