Weekly checks to perform on your car to avoid a car accident
It is necessary to perform regular checks on your car to ensure that everything is working correctly, so that you can avoid any problems on the road which could lead to a Welwyn Hatfield car crash. Obviously it is helpful to get your car serviced regularly by a mechanic, who will be able to spot problems that you may otherwise miss, but if you have the basic knowledge that will allow you to spot a problem before it causes a Welwyn Hatfield car crash, then you will be much safer, and be able to feel more secure.
- Tyres. Your tyres are vulnerable to wear and tear every time you go out on the road, and at any time you could drive over something which could scratch, tear or otherwise damage your tyre. Make sure that you check these every week thoroughly to check that they are still fully inflated and solid.
- Engine oil. Make sure that the level of your engine oil is as high as it should be, and make sure to replace this if it looks low. If it seems to be low every time you check it, go to a mechanic.
- Fluid levels. Make sure that all of the fluid levels in the car are as high as they should be. This includes brake, steering and clutch levels, as well as the level of engine coolant.
- Battery electrolyte level. This only needs to be checked if you don’t have a battery which is permanently sealed. These batteries should not need to be checked.
- Wiper blades and screen wash. This is something which seems unlikely to cause an accident, but could actually be quite dangerous. It is more than worthwhile checking these each week.
How to claim for a Welwyn Hatfield car crash which was not your fault
Whether the accident was caused by a problem with your car that your mechanic should have fixed, or by the negligence of another driver, if you do have a Welwyn Hatfield car crash, you should be able to claim compensation back for your injuries. Compensation will pay for medical treatment and therapy, help around the house whilst you are recovering and even lost wages due to time off from work.
Accident Advice Helpline can help you to make a claim, by providing you with an experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyer who can put together a claim which has a good chance of being successful. Call the helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team about your Welwyn Hatfield car crash and make a start on your claim.