Warehouses can be dangerous places to work. Many accidents happen in them everyday, even though most employers take precautions to prevent them. If you happen to be involved in an accident in a warehouse, that wasn’t your fault and you were injured through it, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim for your warehouse injury in Sorn.
Have you had a warehouse injury in Sorn?
In spite of strict health and safety laws relating to warehouses, accidents are very common and often the injuries are serious. Some of the accidents that we come across quite often are:
- Falling from heights. Warehouse workers often need to work above floor level throughout the day. The Work at Height Regulations main priority is that employers ask the employees to work above floor level as little as possible. If there is no way round it, there should be safety measures in place to prevent falls, as they can result in serious injuries and even fatalities.
- People tripping over objects that should not be there. Walkways should be kept free of obstructions. It is not unusual for the victim to have their hands full and not see the obstruction.
- Spillages on the floor should be removed as soon as possible. Oil particularly can be very slippy, and causes victims to fall on a regular basis.
- Objects falling onto people. It does not have to be something large to cause serious injury when it falls from height. Even a small object can land with quite an impact and have nasty results.
- Heavy lifting injuries. Employees should be given proper training in heavy lifting techniques to avoid this type of injury.
- Accidents involving a fork lift truck. An essential piece of equipment in any warehouse, they can be dangerous in the wrong hands. They should be properly maintained and only qualified drivers should operate them.
There are many dangers in warehouse work, which the employees should be aware of and try to avoid. Employers need to put as many precautions as possible in place.
To try and reduce the risk of serious injury employers should provide employees with protective clothing, free of charge. Such things as:
- A hard hat to protect their heads, and make sure the workers wear them
- High-visibility jackets or the like will make the workers more visible and hopefully reduce the risk of an accident
- Provide protective clothing such as boots, gloves and anything else necessary
Making a warehouse injury in Sorn claim with our help
If you are involved in a warehouse accident, or any other type of accident that was not your fault, and you are injured in that accident, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim. The easy way to do this is to contact Accident Advice Helpline and let us do it for you. Just like we have for many thousands of others already, we have made sure they got the compensation they deserved.
Call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 and speak to a friendly advisor for all the help and advise you need about making a personal injury compensation claim for your warehouse injury in Sorn.
Date Published: 10th November 2013
Author: David Brown