What is a personal injury?
Most people know what is meant by personal injury, as the term pretty much defines itself. However, not many people know what legally defines a personal injury, and allows you to make a claim for compensation against the person at fault for your injury. In the most basic terms, a personal injury is an injury you sustain which takes some time to heal and can leave you unable to perform your job or your everyday activities. It can happen as the result of a road accident or a warehouse accident in Anglesey, or can be a psychological issue caused by the negligence or bad behaviour of someone else.
If you have sustained an injury due to a warehouse accident in Anglesey or a road accident, then you are quite likely to be able to make a successful compensation claim against the person at fault. Sadly, in some injury cases where there is not anyone to blame, you may not be able to make a claim, but something like a warehouse accident in Anglesey offers a direct source to go to for your compensation claim.
A personal injury as defined for compensation claims and more formal complaints and grievances can be defined as:
- A work related injury. This will include any accident you have had at work which you feel was the fault of your employer or someone else within the company. The type of job you do will depend on the type of injury you may sustain, and could be anything from breathing toxic fumes or dust on a building site, to slipping down some stairs in the office.
- Injuries from road accidents. Any injury sustained in a road accident, whether it is a traffic collision, being knocked off of your bike or knocked over as a pedestrian, is defined as a personal injury and you can make a claim for it.
- Psychological illness. Any stress, depression or anxiety which results from workplace stress, or is caused after another type of accident, can be brought into your claim and used as another example of personal injury.
- Injury caused by a doctor. Sometimes things go wrong in hospitals or the wrong diagnosis and medication from a doctor can cause an injury.
- An injury caused by a slip or trip. This type of injury can be considered your fault unless you can prove that someone else has been negligent.
Claiming with Accident Advice Helpline
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from a mobile) to speak to our team about your warehouse accident in Anglesey, road accident and so on, and let the team help you to decide whether or not you want to proceed with a claim, based on how likely it is that your claim will be successful. If you do decide to go ahead, the hardest part is over, as you will work with experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers who can process your claim on your behalf, so that you won’t have to go to court.