Wakefield accident at work


The term “personal injury” in regards to a Wakefield accident at work claim refers to an injury to your body or mind. It can be a short-term physical injury such as a sprained wrist, a lifelong illness such as asbestosis or a psychological injury such as post-traumatic stress disorder.

If the negligence of your employer has caused you to suffer a personal injury, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. However, you will only receive the compensation to which you are entitled if you instruct a personal injury lawyer to issue your claim in court within three years of the date of your Wakefield accident at work. The only exceptions to this three-year rule are:

  1. If you were under the age of 18 at the time of your accident;
  2. If your accident caused an illness that takes a long time to appear, such as mesothelioma or silicosis;
  3. If you have applied for, and been granted, permission to bring your claim outside of the limitation period.

How much money will I get?

The amount of money you will get for your Wakefield accident at work claim will depend on the severity of your injury. Severe injuries, such as spinal damage, will usually attract larger compensation settlements than minor injuries.

Do I need a Wakefield accident at work lawyer?

Whether your accident at work caused minor physical injuries or long-lasting psychological harm, it is always advisable to seek advice from someone who specialises in personal injury law. If you are in need of free, no-obligation legal advice, the team here at Accident Advice Helpline are here to help. We employ some of the UK’s best claims advisors and personal injury lawyers, all of whom are familiar with the latest health and safety legislation and the way in which it pertains to  accident at work claims.

Ultimately, the job of our team is to fight for your legal rights. Regardless of the complexity of your claim, we will strive to provide you with the financial support you need to move past your injuries and get on with your life.

You shouldn’t worry unduly about making a claim against your employer. He or she will be covered by an insurance policy. The money won’t come from your employer directly. Also you cannot be dismissed for filing a claim for personal injury against your employer. This would be illegal.

Contact us at Accident Advice Helpline now

Why not give us a call on our freephone number if you are calling from a landline? This number is 0800 689 0500. If you wish, you can call us from a mobile on 0333 500 0993.

If you need expert claims’ advice, call us now.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )