Driving carefully on country roads to avoid a car accident
For people who spend most of their time in the city, it can be terrifying to start driving in the country during a day trip or holiday away. Country roads are very different to city roads, with a lot less rules, signs and markers, and often a lot less visibility.
If you want to reduce the chances of getting into a Viewpark car accident when you are driving on country roads, it is helpful to know some of the unspoken rules of these roads. If you learn how to drive effectively on country roads you will not only be able to avoid a Viewpark car accident, but should soon be driving like a native.
- Keep your distance. Country roads tend to wind more sharply than city roads, which can mean that cars may stop suddenly, or obstacles could appear from nowhere. Keep a good distance between yourself and other vehicles to avoid hitting anyone.
- Go slow. There is no reason you should be travelling fast down a narrow country lane. If you spot another vehicle coming in the other direction, particularly a larger vehicle on a smaller road, you need time to stop and work out what you are going to do.
- Slow down if you spot any spills. Country spills such as bales of hay or straw may not seem particularly dangerous to your car, but hit at speed could easily cause problems and damage.
- Don’t park your car in a gateway. Remember that tractors need to get in and out of fields somehow, so any time you have parked your car in a gateway or gap this could be the place where a tractor will emerge later on.
- Be cautious when overtaking. If you are overtaking a tractor then be aware that it may be carrying a loader on the front, and be longer than you suspect. Be sure that you have plenty of room before you overtake.
Making a Viewpark car accident claim
If you do get involved in a Viewpark car accident on a country road, and can prove that the accident could have been avoided and was the fault of the other driver, then you may have a good case for compensation. Compensation can be helpful in your recovery from your accident, paying for more expensive medical treatments, and time off from work, so that your recovery is quick and as painless as possible.
Accident Advice Helpline can provide you with an experienced and professional personal injury lawyer, who will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis to get you the compensation you deserve. They will also walk you through the entire claims process so that it is less stressful and worrying.
Call the helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team about your car accident and make a start on your claim.