At times we are all dissatisfied with something that we have bought or a service that we have received. We have all ordered a restaurant meal and had cause to complain because it was cold, under or over-cooked and unappetising. We have all returned goods to a supermarket because they were faulty and were not doing the job that we had paid for.
It is the same with vehicle accident claims. Many people take out a vehicle accident claim every day because they have been injured in a vehicle accident that was not their fault. The majority of people are very happy with the service that they receive and their case goes smoothly. At the end of the claim, they are awarded a level of compensation that they are happy with. However, for a small proportion of claimants, this is not the case. They are dissatisfied with their claim and unhappy with the whole process. If you are thinking about taking out a claim for personal injury here are a few tips on how you can avoid vehicle accident claim dissatisfaction.
Top five reasons for avoiding vehicle accident claim dissatisfaction
- The best way to avoid vehicle accident claim dissatisfaction is to choose your law firm wisely. Many people chose a law firm called Accident Advice Helpline because they have been established for over a decade. Others use their expert services because they are recommended by Esther Rantzen, the TV personality who specialises in consumer affairs.
- Many people avoid vehicle accident claim dissatisfaction by collecting plenty of information at the scene of an accident to prove their case. They do not leave the scene until they have recorded the names and addresses and registration numbers of all the vehicles involved. They also make a note of the exact location and of the road and weather conditions at the time. Some people even make sketches or diagrams or take photographs.
- A sure way of avoiding vehicle accident claim dissatisfaction is to keep paper records. You will need to prove all the financial losses that you are claiming and so you must keep receipts, invoices and car parking tickets. You can also prove loss of wages by keeping your wage slips from before and after the accident.
- A really good way of avoiding vehicle accident claim dissatisfaction is to have a very careful record of all the medical attention that you have received. It is likely that you will attend a doctor for a medical assessment report to be prepared about your injuries but it is also important to have a list of all the other doctors and hospital appointments that you have attended. Also keep a record of your physiotherapy, chiropractor, osteopath and psychology appointments if you have attended any.
- The final way to avoid vehicle accident claim dissatisfaction is to not have a fixed idea of how much compensation you will receive because you may be disappointed. Every case is different because every accident is different and so you cannot be sure of how much money you will get until your case is finalised.