Have you had an unexpected accident in Uddingston?
Uddingston is a small town in South Lanarkshire, Scotland. The village of Uddingston, which is contained exclusively within the boundaries of South Lanarkshire Council, houses around 5,000 residents. Talk to us today if you’ve been in an unexpected accident in Uddingston.
Sometime Scottish residents become the victims of violent crimes, as do the residents all over the rest of the UK. If this happens to you and the injuries you sustained required medical attention, you should speak to injury lawyers in Uddingston about making a criminal injury claim.
Injury lawyers Uddingston can help with your criminal injury claim
If you have been injured in a violent crime, you may be entitled to make a claim to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), providing you have tried to get the compensation from the assailant first. If you do not know who the assailant was, or they do not have the means to pay you, the CICA will consider your claim and injury lawyers in Uddingston will help you make it.
The CICA administers the payments from the scheme
The CICA is government funded and was set up to compensate the blameless victims of violent crime. Payments are available from the scheme for:
- Personal injury following a single incident.
- Personal injury following a period of abuse.
- Loss of earnings.
- Special expense payments, to cover specific injury-related needs which are not available free of charge from any other source.
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency.
- Funeral payments.
The rules for making a claim
There are rules you have to comply with to be able to make a criminal injuries claim, such as:Open Claim Calculator
- You were a direct victim of a crime of violence.
- You were not to blame for the incident.
- You sustained an injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk, while trying to remedy or prevent a crime.
- You sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured.
- The injuries you received must have been severe enough to need medical attention.
- The incident happened within the last 2 years.
- You reported the incident to the police and helped with their enquiries.
- Are a qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence.
- You must be a British citizen or an EU national with a right to be in the UK.
Making a criminal injury claim with Accident Advice Helpline
The CICA want to be sure, quite correctly, that they only make payments to the victims that deserve it, and this is where you need the help of Accident Advice Helpline. We will help you make your claim, we have been doing so successfully for over 15 years now, and we will make the whole process a whole lot easier for you.
Just call our helpline on 0800 689 0500, and speak to one of our advisers, you will find them friendly and compassionate and the call will be in complete confidence. Speak to us today if you’ve been in an unexpected accident in Uddingston.