Throughout the UK there are wonderful roads in which you can cycle on. However, on a cycle you are very vulnerable and you could easily be involved in an accident through no fault of your own in which you suffer injuries as a result. If this happens to you, and your injuries needed medical attention, then you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim. Talk to us today if you’ve had an unexpected accident in Maiden Newton.
How to avoid an unexpected accident in Maiden Newton
Unfortunately we can not guarantee that you will not become involved in a cycle accident throughout your life in which you suffer injuries, although there are a few things that you can do to minimise the chance of you having one. Then you would not need the services of the solicitors in Maiden Newton.
- Knee pads and elbow pads will help protect your joints.
- Wearing something bright can help, stops you blending in with the scenery and other road users are more likely to see you
- Concentrate on riding, don’t try texting on you phone and even listening to music should be avoided
- Don’t ride next to other cyclists
- Leave at least a door width when passing parked cars.
- Have a good knowledge of the highway code, you do not have to take a test but you should know the rules of the road
- Maintain your cycle, particularly the brakes and lights
- Be aware of and adapt your riding to the conditions of the road
- Protect your head with a good quality, well fitting safety helmet.
- Wear sturdy footwear to protect your feet
No matter what your age, as much protection should be worn as possible because a bicycle gives you no other protection at all.
Was your accident someone else’s fault?
Every accident that happens is because of someones negligence. It could be your own fault, that of a car driver, or a pothole that throws from you cycle, then this will be the fault of the local authority. It does not matter who at fault, someone has to be held responsible for their actions.
As long as the fault is with someone other than yourself, they may have to face the solicitors in Maiden Newton at Accident Advice Helpline when we help you with a personal injury claim.
Using the experts at Accident Advice Helpline
We are experts in the field of personal injury compensation claims and and our experience will be invaluable in assisting you with your claim. For 14 years we have been helping victims, and many thousands of them have received the compensation they were entitled to.
You can contact the us on our free phone number, 0800 689 0500, and speak to one of the friendly advisors, or you can complete the 30-second test on our website. This will let you know if you have a valid claim, and give you an estimate of how much you could be awarded.
This can only ever be an estimate at this stage, as there are too many factors that can affect the final outcome of a personal injury claim. Get in touch now if you’ve had an unexpected accident in Maiden Newton and require compensation.