Essential information on UK personal injury claims for compensation
What is a personal injury?
A personal injury is the term used within the legal world when referring to a physical or psychological injury. It is used in the context of an accident due to negligence causing the personal injury.
Common types of incidents in the UK personal injury claims are made for:
- Car accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Bicycle accidents
- Construction site accident
- Medical negligence
- Violent attack
- Accident in the workplace
- Accident at a hairdresser/beautician
- Slip or fall in a public place
Common types of personal injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Hearing impairment
- Loss of sight
- Head injury
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
This list is not exhaustive are there are many different types of accidents in the UK personal injury compensation can be claimed for.
Claiming personal injury compensation
If you are considering claiming compensation for your injuries, you need to apply within 3 years of the date of the accident. Children are the exception and they have 3 years from their 18th birthday in which they can make a claim.
An important factor in your claim being successful is that it can be proved that the accident was the fault of a third party and that the injuries you suffered were as a result of the accident.
Tips to help you claim personal injury compensation
- Write down every detail you can remember relating to your accident, including the date, time and details of the negligent party.
- UK personal injuries claims for compensation are partly based on the severity of the injuries you sustained. Therefore it is important you keep a diary of your symptoms, including psychological symptoms. Also keep a note of any visits to your General Practitioner and hospital.
- To recover financial loses as a result of the accident you will need to provide proof. This can be in the form of wage slips, receipts or invoices. This can be for prescription charges, loss of earnings and taxi costs.
Finding a UK personal injury solicitor
In order to file a claim for compensation you will require legal representation. Accident Advice Helpline is an accident management company that works with many independent UK personal injury specialist solicitors.
Here at Accident Advice Helpline we understand that the time just after an accident can be a stressful. We take away the stress and hard work by appointing you a solicitor who has the relevant experience in your case.
All of the solicitors that work with us, work on a no win, no fee arrangement. Therefore in the unlikely case that you are not successful in your claim then you do not have to pay your solicitor fees.
Contact us today, our helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Let us help you win the compensation you deserve.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.