How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    UK non fault compensation claims

    UK accident compensation claims differ from those that are made from Europe and other parts of the world. If you have been injured in an accident in the UK that was not your fault then you would be right in thinking that your claim will be more straightforward than for people who are trying to make non UK non fault compensation claims.

    Accident Advice Helpline is one of the law firms that can handle both types of claims. They have teams of specialist lawyers that have expertise in claims from many different locations. The differences between the handling of UK non fault compensation claims and non UK accident compensation claims are outlined here.

    UK non fault compensation claims

    UK non fault compensation claims can be defined as claims involving accidents that took place in the UK. They would include road accidents that took place on UK highways – which could be motorways, duel carriageways, main roads and country lanes. All types of collisions are included in this definition and this means accidents between cars, motorcycles, bicycles, buses and heavy goods vehicles. UK non fault compensation claims also include slips, trips and falls on UK streets.

    In the UK many public areas are the responsibility of public sector organisations, therefore a claim would be made from one of these. If the fall was on private land, for example, a UK supermarket customer car park, then the claim would be made from the supermarket or from their insurance company. These companies are mainly based in the UK. Your Accident Advice Helpline personal injury lawyer would be an expert in dealing with this type of claim.

    Non UK non fault compensation claims

    Non UK non fault compensation claims can be defined as claims involving accidents that took place outside the UK. They would include accidents on roads in Europe, the USA and in all other countries. Many people like to hire a car when they are on holiday and sometimes are involved in accidents that were not their own fault. Claiming compensation from individuals and companies based outside the UK can be a little more complicated. There may be special forms that need to be completed and a specialist non UK non fault compensation claims lawyer at Accident Advice Helpline would deal with it. Some people also work abroad and suffer workplace accidents. The fault for these accidents may lie with their employer.

    Open Claim Calculator

    In some cases, for example with a holiday company representative being injured, the employer is a British company and so UK non fault compensation claims can be made. However, other workers are actually employed by non UK employers and the claims process can be more complicated. Millions of people travel abroad for a holiday every year and of these a small proportion will get hurt. Slips and trips around the hotel swimming pool are a classic non UK accident. In some cases a claim can be made against a UK company if they are running the hotel – but in all other cases a claim has to be directed at a non UK company owning the resort accommodation.

    To find out how you can claim call 0800 689 0500 – or 0333 500 0993 free from a mobile.

    Date Published: 22nd June 2013

    Author: Sharon Parry

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.