How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    UK injury compensation claim

    UK injury compensation claim

    UK injury compensation claim

    There are many types of injuries for which you can claim compensation as long as you were not responsible for the accident in which you were injured. Having said that, you should always seek medical treatment after any kind of injury, as if you are pursuing a UK injury compensation claim and have suffered a prolonged period of illness which could have been prevented if you had received immediate medical attention, this could lessen the strength of your UK injury compensation claim.

    A UK injury compensation claim can be for different personal injuries

    Some of the most common personal injuries are slips trips and falls which can occur in the street. For example there could be a broken paving slab which you tripped over, or an open manhole which you fell into. The local authority would be considered responsible for this kind of accident and you could pursue a UK injury compensation claim for injuries resulting in such an accident.

    You might slip on a wet floor in a supermarket and break an arm. If the supermarket has not put up a warning sign, showing that the floor is wet, then you probably have grounds for a UK injury compensation claim for personal injury against the owner of the supermarket.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You may also have grounds for a UK injury compensation claim if you suffered an accident in your workplace and you can prove negligence on the part of your employer. The employer has a duty to follow the Health and Safety at Work regulations to the letter. If he/she has not abided by these regulations, then you will have proof of negligence on their part.

    You may have suffered a sports injury after an illegal tackle in football or rugby, or you may have been injured because of an uneven surface which has not been correctly maintained. A UK compensation claim can be made in these circumstances.

    Clinical negligence claims can also be made if your doctor has been negligent in his/her treatment of you or a close relative.

    How much compensation will I get?

    There is no standard rate of compensation, as it depends on your injuries, the amount of care and medical treatment you need and the severity of the injury. If your whole life has been shattered by an injury, then you could expect a great deal of compensation to cover ongoing medical expenses, loss of earnings and the pain, suffering and emotional distress suffered.

    You can visit Accident Advice Helpline website and take the thirty second test which estimates the amount of compensation you could be entitled to, although remember that this is only an estimate.

    Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm with a legal team, the members of which are experts in the field of personal injuries of all kinds. They operate all over the country and can represent you in a UK injury compensation claim for personal injuries sustained in an accident which was not your fault. You can give us a call on their freephone number,  0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 and discover what we can do for you.

    Date Published: 30th May 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.