How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Troedyrhiw accident

    A guide to claiming compensation for a Troedyrhiw accident

    If your Troedyrhiw accident wasn’t your fault then you are probably wondering if you can get compensation. After reading this short guide you should have an idea about whether or not you are eligible to claim compensation for your accident, and what claiming involves.


    The two criteria for personal injury claims are that the accident needs to have been someone else’s fault, and the accident needs to have happened within the past three years. So if these two ‘rules’ apply to your non-fault accident then yes, you are probably entitled to compensation. (You can check this by calling one of our fully trained advisors. For instance you can claim for:

    • Work accident that was caused by your employer failing to comply with health and safety regulations, or not maintaining machinery and equipment.
    • An accident on the road caused by careless driving, an obstructed junction, poor road surface or faded road markings.
    • An accident in the comfort of your own home caused by a faulty appliance, or following substandard work carried out by a tradesperson.
    • Or even an accident on holiday, surely the worst time for misfortune to call!

    Wherever your Troedyrhiw accident happened you can claim compensation for any illness or injury that accident caused, however serious.

    What you should do next

    So you have checked your eligibility and have decided that you want to go ahead and claim compensation. For this you will need an injury lawyer and we can help you, but first there are a number of things that you can do to help your claim.

    1. Write an account of your Troedyrhiw accident. Include any details that you can remember; some small detail may turn out to be important.
    2. If you still have visible injuries, take pictures of them.
    3. Report your Troedyrhiw accident to any relevant authority. Depending on the circumstances of your accident this could be the police, your council or a business.
    4. If you haven’t yet received any medical attention, visit your GP and tell him about your injury or illness. Your visit will go on your medical record which a court may ask to see. Make sure you mention any psychological consequences of your ordeal, such as stress or trouble sleeping.
    5. Keep track of the costs your accident has incurred as you may be able to claim these back. Keep hold of receipts and statements as proof of what you are spending.

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline

    If you would like us to handle your claim then we will do so under a no-win, no-fee contract. The advantages of no-win, no-fee contracts are, firstly, that you do not have to find the money to pay any fees upfront, and you won’t have to pay anything at all if your claim is unsuccessful. Secondly, because you know that your lawyer won’t get paid unless you do, you can be confident that he or she is working their hardest to make sure your claim is successful.

    Open Claim Calculator

    To speak to one of our friendly advisors about your Troedyrhiw accident, please call our 24 hour helpline on: 0800 689 0500. If you are calling from a mobile dial: 0333 500 0993.

    Date Published: 13th July 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.